Tuesday, August 25, 2009

NO PRETENSE

These are not words, not wishes, not pain,

Or an excuse, or a writing in vain

They are not from someone you knew in past

Neither from the one who wrote it last


I saw him fine, but ah! There were times

Senses prevailing yet decisions lying

There seemed a spooky corner in his mind

When things were clear, yet he couldn’t find.


He looked so confused and was so full of shame

As if he was the con and the only one to blame

He is trying to run from the memories of past

Still they haunt him, however fast.


May call him innocent but my call is naïve,

For he must have known they don’t really jive.

Pretense is a gimmick of the weak, to hide

A webby warehouse with a wide smile.


Call for the truce is no more a thought

Avenge the chaos is now what I got.

“And here comes the primal being in act:”

As one would smug, I say “overreact”


You call them wild yet follow them close.

I smell it fishy and therefore oppose.

“Wild” and happy, they don’t need to pose

Pretense is a cipher they seldom hold.


To zap the civil beast within, I need your help

To let the “wild” flourish in me, I need your help

I need your heart, I need your soul

To let your beast within, I need your help.

No comments: